Globalising your Fashion Brand
Globalisation your brand, stretching beyond borders is catered for entrepreneurs, fashion designers and founders in the business of fashion and apparels, wearable technologies and fashion accessories who are looking to expand the business. This programme is catered for designers and founders only. We encourage brands with over 2 years experience and ready to venture into the overseas market in US and Europe to participate.
2 Days Seminar
- Date : 6th & 7th December 2018
- Location : Faux Space, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
- No of participants : Limited to 30 brands (2 participants per brand)
Thierry Bayle, London UK
Thierry Bayle,Founder & CEO , Mentoring Pte Ltd & Global Fashion Management
Sam Shaffie,CEO & Co-Founder, pitchIN
Choo Dee Wei, Partner,Dee, Netto, Fatimah & Ng
Azleen Waris, Group CFO, MyCreative Ventures
Programme Breakdown :
DAY 1 : Stretching beyond borders - Online, Retail & Wholesale
9.00 - 9.30 am : Registration
9.30 -12.00 pm : Building and Scaling Your Brand
Branding is crucial in a business, and effective brand strategy gives an edge in an increasingly competitive market. How does branding affect a small business? How does one expand and build their brand worldwide effectively?
1. The Top 6 P’s of a successful, global and profitable Brand
2. Growing your $ 1 Million at Export (trade shows, agents, distributors…)
3. Using agents and distributors to your advantage
4. Setting up real partnership with your Retail clients
12.00 - 12.30 pm : Session by MyCreative Ventures
(MyCreative Ventures is a government investment arm that aims to spur Malaysia’s creative industry via strategic and innovative funding through equity or debt investments.)
12.30 pm - 2.00 pm : Lunch break (independent)
2.00 pm- 5.30 pm : Retail : From Domestic to International Market Penetration
Retail stores and Online have become a must have distribution channel. As the Retail Industry has become more complex and unpredictable, it is time to understand the Art & Science of being a Retail Store & Online Business Owner. One of Retail’s best kept secret will be shared with you so that you can implement international best practice next week. It will transform your retail operations and bring you more traffic, sales and profitability. Discover the Art and Science of Buying. Even if you only grow your business at wholesale, this session will prove very valuable.
1. Retail success is about Art & Science
2. Top 4 mistakes made by Online start-ups companies
3. The Top 3 Pillars of Retail: People, Products and Data
4. How to forecast sales at over 90% accuracy
5. What is Open to Buy and how to use it effectively to grow the business
Interactive session with Questions and Answers
Day 2 : The Art and Science of Being an Entrepreneur : Accelerate & Grow
9.00 - 9.30am : Registration
9.30am – 11pm : Finding the Leader in You
The Leadership skills are necessary if you want to scale up from one-man band to multimillion-dollar business. How to make profitable success happen? Let sit down with Thierry to examine and dissect the many layers of leadership + business acumen that you already possess but yet to figure how it can be brought up .
11.00 - 12.30 pm : Group Discussions : Top 5 Leadership Mistakes made by Fashion Designers
12.30 - 2.30pm : Lunch (Independent)
(Additional time allowance for Friday Prayer)
2.30 - 4.30pm : Panel Talk : The Growth and Challenges of Entrepreneurship
4.00 – 5.00 pm : Networking Tea Break, Press Conference
MyCreative Ventures Sdn Bhd
MyCreative Ventures is a government investment arm set up to spur Malaysia’s creative industry via strategic and innovative funding in the form of equity or debt investments.The Company was incorporated on the 20th of April 2012 under the Malaysian Companies Act 1965 by the Minister of Finance Incorporated (‘MOF(Inc)’). From the allocated funds, MyCreative Ventures will invest via equities and give out loans to potential and viable creative Malaysian businesses with a mission to achieve the following effects:
1. Boost the attractiveness of Malaysia’s creative industry measurable by job creation;
2. Increase gross income from Malaysia’s creative industry to significantly contribute to the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP); and
3. Elevate the status of Malaysia’s creative industry via public awareness and social impact RIUH, a wholly owned subsidiary of MyCreative Ventures is a curated creative platform that hosts an eclectic array of pop-up stores, international and local food, creative workshops, showcases and live acts monthly.
The Economic Development Agency of Cultural Art or CENDANA is a division under MyCreative that develops and promotes Malaysia’s cultural economy. CENDANA aspires to elevate Malaysian arts and showcase its diverse beauty on the local, regional and global stage.
To find out more do visit www.mycreative.com.my or refer to the contact details below with any enquiries.
Gina Subki or Nadia Muadzam
MyCreative Ventures Sdn. Bhd.
T: 03- 7712 7212 / 012-3177366
F: 03- 7733 7604
For media partnership, sponsorship and advertisement please contact the event coordinator Prabhu Menon at +601164349980 or email@example.com or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org